Steering Committee of Senate (SCS)
David Casperson is a member of the Steering Committee of Senate.
This is not an official web-page of the University of Northern British
Columbia or its Senate. Nor have the contents of this web-page been
endorsed by the Steering Committee of Senate.
The mandate of this committee is:
- To prepare the agenda package for Senate meetings.
- To act as a clearing house for material being prepared by the
Senate committees and to ensure the orderly and timely conduct of
- To consider and rule upon requests by Senators for leaves of
absence longer than three consecutive ordinary meetings (see
- To review and recommend changes on matters relating to the
governance of Senate, its Committees and the Senate Handbook.
- From time to time, in consultation with the Board of Governors,
to establish an ad hoc committee to govern, keep in proper
advise on real property, buildings and structures of the
- To serve as the Senate standing committee empowered to consider
and refer to Senate, or to the appropriate Senate committee, all
matters that may be referred to the Senate by the Board.