Dr. Staffan Lindgren
Fil. Kand. (Uppsala/Umeň, Sweden), MPM, Ph.D. (Simon Fraser)
Click here for background information on Dr. Lindgren
Photo: J. Clarke
Photo: C. Alexander
ResearchGraduate student research (Planned or in progress)
- TBA (Sharleen Jackson, MSc NRES (Biology), [Co-supervised with Dezene Huber]
- Population studies of the western conifer seed bug using mark release recapture methods (Tamara Richardson, MSc NRES (Biology), In progress)
- Competitive interactions between ants and ground beetles (Kendra Schotzko, MSc NRES (Biology), completed June 19, 2012)
- Taxonomy, form,or function: Evaluating three approaches to using carabid beetles (Coleoptera: Carabidae) as bioindicators in a coastal forest (Sean Henderson, MSc NRES (Biology), Completed September 17, 2010)
- The ant (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) communities of the Central Interior of British Columbia: Adaptations to a temperature-constrained environment.(Rob Higgins, Ph.D. (NRES), Completed April 2010)
- Factors affecting the carabid (Coleoptera: Carabidae) community in successional sub boreal spruce forests, with special reference to their interaction with ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae).(Duncan McColl, M.Sc. NRES (Biology), Completed May 2010)
- Geographic variation in the effect of lodgepole pine characteristics on mountain pine beetle attacks and productivity in British Columbia (Timothy J. Cudmore, M.Sc. NRES (Forestry), completed May 2009)
- Effects of host quality parameters on fitness of the mountain pine beetle, Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Scolytinae) Marnie L. Graf, M.Sc. NRES (Biology), completed April 2009))
- Life history of Pseudips mexicanus and interaction with the mountain pine beetle (Greg Smith, M.Sc. NRES (Biology), completed July 2008 [Co-supervised with Allan L. Carroll, CFS])
- Effect of stress factors on incidence and severity of attack by the Warren root collar weevil on planted lodgepole pine (Jeanne A. Robert, M.Sc. NRES (Biology), completed May 2004)
- Factors affecting susceptibility of subalpine fir to western balsam bark beetle, Dryocoetes confusus (Coleoptera: Scolytidae) (Katherine P. Bleiker, M.Sc.NRES (Biology), completed January 2001).
- Variation in lodgepole pine susceptibility to pitch moth (Lepidoptera: Sesiidae and Pyralidae) attack at the Prince George Tree Improvement Station (Lynn A. Rocchini, M.Sc., completed November 1997).
- Species and assemblage responses of Carabidae (Coleoptera) to forest harvesting: Contrasting clearcut and patch retention removals in high-elevation forests of central British Columbia (Jeffrey P. Lemieux, M.Sc., completed March 1998).
- Relationship between white spruce vulnerability to the white pine weevil and ecological site conditions in the interior of British Columbia (Stuart P. Taylor, M.Sc. completed March 1997).
- Ants of central interior British Columbia: A study of their abundance, diversity, and ecological significance
- Ants as food for grizzly bears (with Lana Ciarniello)
- Entomological Society of America
- Entomological Society of Canada
- Entomological Society of British Columbia
- Professional Pest Management Association of British Columbia
- International Society of Chemical Ecology
- Western Forest Insect Work Conference
- Canadian Institute of Forestry
- Federation of BC Naturalists
- International Union for the Study of Social Insects
- Canadian Society for Ecology and Evolution